Renal Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup Low Cholesterol Egg Product, pasteurized
1 cup Sugar, granulated
2 cups Liquid Nondairy Creamer
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
Ice Cream Machine
Preparation & details:
1) Using 1 qt microwave bowl, beat egg product and sugar until well blended.
2) Stir in non dairy creamer and microwave for 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
3) Remove from heat. When cool, stir in vanilla.
4) Pour mixture into center container of ice cream machine.
5) Process according to manufacturer's directions for machine.
Options: Almond Coffee:
add 4 tbs instant coffee granules and 2 tbs almond extract to step 3 when adding vanilla. Mix until coffee granules are dissolved.
May also add renal friendly fruit of your choice or candy bars, (1/4 to 1/2 cup crushed butterfinger).
Servings per recipe: 16 Serving size 105 g
1/2 cup serving =
3.7 gm Protein
41 mg Phosphorus
157 mg Potassium